How-to Style an Eye Patch

Jan 4, 2012

This past Saturday at approximately 8 am...
it happened.
What?
Only the worst possible thing that could ever happen.
The Moo managed to use her 8 month old agility to scratch my eye ball in .5 sec flat.
Twice.


Ouch.
I may have cried.
I did.

............................

How-to style an eye patch:
a DIY eye patch gives you a unique, not-trying-too-hard look.
you can make pirate expressions in order to look the part.
try it on your baby as a head band!
or be bold & don't wear it at all and show off your gimpy eye.
.............................


To wrap up this horrific tale...
after two days I couldn't take it anymore and
ended up at urgent care where the kind doc said,
"oh,...she really got you".
He gave me pain meds and goopy stuff for my eye.
It felt like heaven.


I completely missed New Year's, but I am able to say that this whole eye ball experience made me appreciate what I do have.
Sight.
I will never take it for granted. Ever again.




I never...want this to happen...EVER again.




6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Crazy kids (I've got a 1-year-old who is affectionately known as "The Claw")! Hope you're feeling back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I'm always afraid of that happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, i am so so sorry!! you make that eye patch look beautiful!!
    i'm glad you got some good stuff to help with the pain. i hope you're healing fast!
    love the photos. especially the one with moo sportin' it!

    wishing you healing, happy days <3
    xoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor girl!
    I tagged you in a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. POOR THING!! that is no fun. ooo the battle wounds of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAH! Put it on your baby as a head band. LOOOVE IT

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover