the Brit's Visit//part 1

Oct 2, 2012


I'm not one to jam pack a post w/ 10 thousand pictures, so I am splitting this one up into two. Sorry if you like a bajillion pics. You'll just have to wait.

The Brit's visit was, in a word, amazing
I can't even explain how comfortable and enjoyable it was.
I haven't been around my dad and step-mum for over 3 years...very stinky... it makes the time we do get together so meaningful and memorable though.

These pictures are from our little visit to Duke Mansion in Charlotte.
That was one of the two things we did do. Haaa.
We honestly sat around a lot and did absolutely nothing...just enjoyed each other's company.

I think that it's at times like that that you really learn more about a person.
You wouldn't know, but I met my dad at 18 years old and since then I have seen him a grand total of 4 times, so you can see why visits like this are super special.

I miss them so much already!
Dropped them off at the airport yesterday.
Worst thing. Ever.

I tried my best not to cry on the way back to the car.
not that easy when you also have a toddler screaming to get "dohhhn DOHHNN dooooooohn".

It also didn't help when I got home and the house was empty.

...& then sweet Moo exclaimed, "Dad-dad (grandad)" and "Na-Na! (nan)" this a.m. 

Oh...I am may be a bit of a stroppy nickerssss today. 
Apparently, that means "someone in a bad mood" in Brit language. FYI. ;)

.................

Anyways, more pics to come soon!

I am off to cry as I stuff Cadbury chocolate down my throat. 



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. adorable photos, looks like a great visit!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Camille! I'm glad you had such a great visit and I can only imagine how bad you're missing them. Hopefully your next visit will not be too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? :)

    /Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a hard time being away from my family and its even harder after being around them for a while. I didn't realize yours lived so far! :( Hope you get to see them again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GoodByes are the worst!!! Glad you had a great time and love seeing all your pics. I love that we have twitter and instagram to keep peeps like me who don't always make it on the computer to read the blog post updated on things.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover