Stylish Summer Sandals for a Mom on-the-go

May 21, 2014


I know that Birkenstocks are a thing right now, but I just can't hang with this trend.
Am I the only one??
I've even tried to talk myself into it, because I've seen other gals pulling off the look....but I can't.
Can't do it.
It may have something to do with the fact that it reminds me of my awkward middle school years when I used to wear these.
They are also just a bit too comfortable looking for me.

I mean, I can definitely appreciate a comfortable pair of shoes, especially being on my feet most of the day with the kids, but when I have to sacrifice pretty for comfy...I usually just go with uncomfortable feet.
Beauty is pain, right? Ha ;).

Sooo when I came across Yellowbox Shoes I had to check their sandals out.
I wanted to see if they are actually as comfy as they look, because they pass both my *budget-friendly and style test with flying colors.

The results are in.
They are indeed comfortable! Very. You know how sandals sometimes have a "breaking in period" where they rub on your heals in a weird way and sometimes even leave you with red marks by the end of the day? These sandals don't do that. I have worn them a few times already, all day, and I didn't feel like taking them of...at all.

Yellowbox has some other styles that I am diggin', so I'm sharing those with you as well...




Carey | Eira | Jeriel | Kinsey | MimosaTaissa 



...aaaaand Mad's let me hold Applejack?! *gasp* If you know Moo at all you know this is a big deal. This pony is never out of her sight or arms. Everrrrrrr.

my outfit: Yellowbox Devona Sandal - c/o | Marshalls top | J. Crew Factory shorts, similar
moo's outfit: Target dress | Target sandals 


*budget friendly- I think it's important for me to clarify what I find to be "budget-friendly". You're probably thinking, "these sandals are $50+. What's terribly affordable about that? I'll go with Target, thank you very much". Well, when it comes to a staple pair of shoes, I am willing to spend a bit more to get a bit more, if you know what I mean. You get what you pay for. I love Target and their prices, but sometimes it's just worth the money to save and invest in a good pair of sandals for the Summer...ones that will last for at least a few Summers. Ya feel me?

1 comment:

  1. great laid back look love those sandals. your child is adorable how old she is? mine is two years and 3 months
    xo Tali
    www.thepisceswoman.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover