Brooch-ing the subject...

Oct 24, 2012

It's back.
What is?
The brooch.
If you don't believe me...
please see exhibit A, B & C.

At first I was all like, "say whaaaa? old person jewelry", but after much consideration and Pinterest perusing... 

I have converted to brooch-ism.
& I had to DIY one. duh.


you will need:

-flat round pin-back 
- flower adornment
  (it can be anything really...as long as it can be glued onto the pin-back!)
-craft glue 

* I found everything I needed at Hobby Lobby*

...................

how-to:

1. dollop glue onto the back of the flower/adornment
2. place it onto the flat side of the pin-back + let it dry
3. pin that brooch!

If you are not quite sure how-to style one of these babies...never fear.
I've got your back.


I styled my brooches with a denim shirt, but a sweet cardi would also work.
Get crazy! Try pinning one to a clutch, hair tie or even *gasp* a t-shirt. 

ps. these brooches can be found on my shop now...for those who'd rather not DIY :). 


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, pretty!! I love brooches...I have a bunch of them from my nani and I always think I should do something with them. I love the different looks...my friend always puts a bunch on her scarves and it looks so neat!
    Thanks for the ideas!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover