I saw the above image on Pinterest from the Christian Dior Spring '13 Paris runway show
well, the DIY-er in me could not resist taking a stab at it.
clear vinyl (8 gauge)
- F.Y.I. I used an old vinyl beach bag I never use anymore-
self adhesive gemstones
*all found at Hobby Lobby*
1. cut strips from the vinyl
(as wide as you like, but make sure to measure your wrist for the length)
2. mark where you will be placing the snaps
(on both ends of the strips)
3. cut little holes on the marks you made
4. with a dab of glue, place the snaps in the holes and let dry for a bit
5. time to bling them up!
(I had to glue some of them to make sure they stayed)
It's not Dior, but it is sparkly! ;)
I like that they can be dressed up or down too...
always good to have a versatile accessory.