a Simple yet Classic Fall centerpiece

Oct 9, 2012

I never go overboard when it comes to Fall decor (Christmas is my thing), but a festive wreath and dining room table centerpiece are always a must. 

Simple and classic is what I aim for when decorating...and if I can DIY it...awesome.

I was at Goodwill the other day searching for some odds and ends to use for Fall decor 
(and chasing after Moo who does not hold hands ever. No way. Mom's embarrassing already), when I came across   brass candlesticks + saucers.

I knew what to do.


 the supplies:
3 candle sticks (graduating heights)Goodwill
2 small plates, saucers or even small bowls- Goodwill 
1 taper candle stick
industrial strength glue 

how-to:
1. apply the glue around the tops of 2 of the candlesticks
2. place a plate on each, center, press down, & let to dry for 15-20 min
3. affix candle into remaining candlestick, place pumpkins onto plates and arrange it all as you prefer on your table

It is simple to add Fall festivity to your table & home.
You can find inspiration at your local Goodwill!

This post is also found on:


....................

I am off to window shop at the mall with my dear friend and her babe.
...& restrain myself from purchasing the Cafe Capris I so badly want from J Crew.
You're awful, J.C. You do unfair things to my mind.



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. so so cute!! great job.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! I've gotta get my butt over to Goodwill. My friend just got me this awesome vase from there. Usually, I hope to find cute tops and accessories and forget to look in the other areas!
    Beautiful centerpiece!
    Xoxo
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog you have. Very unique style. Love your topic, and your opinion is very thorough, you covered all points of view. It also shows how knowledgeable you are on this topic. I will for sure visit back often. Hope you can visit my blog www.instyleforless.org I will be so honored if you like me on Facebook.com/instyleforless and follow me twitter.com/@haleyinstyle
    Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, those bright red cafe pants KILL ME! adorable post :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover