April Showers...

Apr 30, 2013


Oh, man. You know those times when your really wish the weather would cooperate? My poor friend came to visit for the weekend and the weather was...les miserables. We made the most of it by sitting on the coach, eating guac, drinking pints of sangria (hoping that would coax the sun out), sitting on the couch a bit more watching Wall-e (literally my husband's favorite movie ever)...and then we managed to make our way out into the wetness for church & lunch on Sunday. I then had the brilliant idea to go to the park after and...this happened. It went from drizzly to monsoon in .5 sec. 

I was soaked by that last shot. Can you tell? ;)

FYI, I totally photo-shopped out a huge pimple I had sprouting on the middle of my left cheek. Just so you know. Vanity, I suppose...or maybe I wanted to spare you the "ew". It was that bad- always happens before I have company or a special event. Never fails. :*D <-- what it would have looked like if I hadn't edited it out. 

Let me just talk about the necklace- the only thing that managed to bring my outfit out of the rain funk. I'm a bit wary when it comes to wearing neon...when it first became a big trend I was the one saying, "ooh no. why?". Well, needless to say I've warmed up to it a bit more...thanks to the Lily Dawson Neon Navette necklace. It is just the right amount of neon- a statement without being too much. I like simple, if you haven't heard. 

Anywhooo. Have a lovely Tuesday! The weather is still crap here, but I guess that does mean....May flowers? We already have our flowers, so if it's still an option...I'll just skip this rain, Charlotte. Thanks. :)

WHAT I WORE:
Lily Dawson Designs Neon Navette necklace -- *come back Thurs. for a special giveaway!*
Old Navy Maxi Tee Dress (super comfy and sleek)
Ralph Lauren bag, Macy's- similar
Steve Madden metallic sandals, old- similar

3 comments:

  1. Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative.
    I'm going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

    Here is my site ralph lauren polo sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is from Old Navy?!! Oh. My. Gosh. I MUST have it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! and i LOVE that necklace...so unique! sorry the weather was poopy...glad you and your friend made the best of it. ohmygosh, i see the word "guac" and need it instantly. and sangria...yum! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover