Style it: GAP 1969 Original Fit Jeans

May 1, 2013


I thought I'd fall in love with the GAP boyfriend jeans...was pretty sure I would actually. After seeing them on ITCWC, Halle Berry, & Atlantic Pacific...I was absolutely certain I couldn't go wrong with a pair. 

Errhmmm. Nope. Not so. 

I tried them on and instantly knew it was a big fat no. I felt like I could stuff two watermelons down each pant leg and no one would know the difference. I even went down a size!...and they still looked off. So that was the end of my boyfriend jean fantasies. Ha.

Now, the Original fit...perfect. There's just enough of a relaxed look to them (w/o being too baggy), the style proves to be versatile and the length is spot on- even for this tall girl. 

So...if the boyfriend jeans don't end up being your cup of tea, I suggest you try Original fit. I think you'll be pleased! :) 

SHOP IT: 
1. Wallis blazer / ZARA high heel sandal
2. UO tunic, similar / Bandalino wedges, similar
3. Marshall's top, similar / Lily Dawson Designs necklace / RL satchel / JCP ballet flats, similar


13 comments:

  1. I'm going to try the original fit. I tried the boyfriend jeans on and didn't like them either. I love Gap jeans and I wear their maternity 1969s, great fit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look awesome on you!

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol it definitely happens that way sometimes. There has been plenty of times when customers want to try the sexy boyfriend jeans and they just do not work out. I always suggest to try Our original fit jeans. It's another go to boy jean that works for some people. I love that wash of the original fit but they do not look good on me. They are HUGE!!! I wish they did :-(

    With love,
    Toya

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo favorite is the black top on the right. So cute w the distressed jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great jeans! Love the way you styled them!

    xo,
    Katie
    hellolittlebean.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was just telling steve i need new jeans! i will have to try these out! happy may, camille! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. look great as always! and I LOVE my new Henri Lou bracelet!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO with you on Gap's boyfriend jean. It's just...off! A few years back Gap made this amazing jean, the "Easy Straight" & I'm obsessed. Of course they no longer make it. But now I'm tempted to try the Original fit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your looks! Especially the easy feel of the tunic :) And for some reason I thought I was already following your blog..apparently I just visit alot. But you now have another "official" bloglovin' follower ;) Keep up the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a fit I have yet to try, but you make it seem worth it! I really love all the three looks you styled, I can't even decide which one is my favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving your blog!! You are incredibly gorgeous in the flesh and on this blog! Can't wait until I put Charlie down for bed so I can do some more reading! Loved meeting you and Kallah today! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover