the Tweed.

May 20, 2013


If you follow @lifeinmod on IG you may have caught my little tweed "dilemma"- ha. I found the gem above at Summerbird Consignment, my Saturday gig, this past weekend. I was debating about whether or not to buy it- wasn't sold on the pinkness of it, the size (the arms are a tad short for my gangly arms) and I also wasn't sure if I could edge it up enough...I try to steer clear of the 'Legally Blonde' look ;). 

Well, I got it. Obvi. It was $32, people! I knew I'd end up wishing I had snagged it if I didn't. Sooooo...styling was then the question. How do I style this lovely in a way that will keep it classic and pretty, but add a bit of edge to it? I went the easy route and threw on my basic v-neck white tee and original fit jeans. I still wasn't totally sure about it, but...then I saw the pics. SOLD. Love it. 

I'm thinking I can edge it up even more the next time I wear it with some studded bangles, chunkier necklace and pumps. Who cares if it's 90+ outside once I get around to wearing it again?! Beauty is sweating to death here in NC (considering that you need to shower 5 sec after you've taken a shower when the real heat hits). 

Anyways, in other news...Moo cracks me up. She is always on the go. I just run around after her...attempting to keep her from running into traffic after "caaaahhs" (cars) and licking the sidewalk(??). That last one's a new one. I caught her licking up water after the dog the other day. So. Gross. 

Toddlers. Gotta love their shenanigans. 

Tell me about your weekend!

THE OUTFIT:
tweed jacket- Summerbird Consignment, similar-ish <-- actually love this option!
white v-neck tee- Marshalls, similar
GAP original fit jeans
Shoemint Nude bow flats, similar
Target arm candy- came as a bundle w/ some other cute yellows and wood bangles

-Following via Bloglovin' or RSS? GFC is going kapoot soon-

6 comments:

  1. So darn cute! The color looks so much better on computer vs. phone! Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And your styling was genius!

    xo,
    Katie
    hellolittlebean.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted this; I needed it exactly. You look stunning, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That jacket is gorgeous! Very Chanel. And I'm a sucker for anything pale pink. So glad you bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you got the jacket! I am still kicking myself for not buying a tweed jacket *years* ago (yes, it still haunts me..because I Cannot Find Another So Perfect...sigh..) But I love it! I love it on you and how you styled it! And I love that adorableness that is your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lookin' good!! you and moo are supermodels. <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover