ThredUP used clothing challenge | Outfit #1

Jul 15, 2013

Our normal Sunday routine: church & then Target for Starbucks and wandering around, finding things we hadn't planned on buying at all. I practically ran for one of their soft pretzels (have been craving for a month now. dangerous that I know where to find them now) and then followed it up with a decaf mocha over ice. Mmmmm. It was pregs heaven. Mads was in a bit of a mood...you can see her slow progression into a full blown tantrum in the pictures. ;)
Now, let's get to the good stuff, friends...
I took on a used clothing challenge with thredUP - I'll only be wearing clothing I found on thredUP for this entire week and will be sharing it all here. It's proving to really not be a challenge at all though, to be perfectly honest. Their items are all used, but consignment quality...practically brand new. I have been an avid thrift and consignment shopper since I was mmmm 10. My fam, all 8 of us, used to make a trip to the best thrift shop around about once a year. We would search out the best items, for hours and then excitedly bring our finds to my parents for the yay or nay. 
We always left with bundles of wonderful, maybe having spent a total of $100 (on all 8 of us). 
It was a fun time and we learned a very important lesson...used clothing is awwwwesome
I still completely believe that and frequent Goodwill and the consignment shops around here. Yes, of course I love J.Crew, Gap, Banana and the likes, but if I can find them used (in great shape) elsewhere...I am so there. 
ThredUP is obviously right up my alley. True fan right here!
Btw, you can also sell your own like-new clothing to them.
You can see all the info on how it works here
I'll be back tomorrow with outfit #2! 


THE LOOK
Juicy Couture dress | c/o thredUP
wedges | Goodwill
necklace | f21
bangles | Target


1 comment:

  1. What a cute dress! Just wish I had legs like yours ;) Looking good, mama!

    xo,
    Katie
    hellolittlebean.com
    shopboldthreads.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover