how-to style: like a Brit

Jul 25, 2012

Q: Do the Brits do it better when it comes to styling?

I personally do  prefer a more European look.
I think it has that bit of edge that some American styles just lack.
Don't get me wrong, I like to throw on a pair of jeans and t-shirt any given day!
I just loveeee adding in that little twist of Euro as well.

In order to get a better understanding of British style let's take a look, shall we, at some of Britain's top fashion icons.


So... how is it that they do what they do?:
(& how you can do it too!)

1. LAYER- the Brits actually benefit from all of that chilly/rainy weather when it comes to styling. They are able to utilize blazers, jackets, sweaters and other layering pieces on the regular. Layering can still be done in hot places (like here in sweltering NC) by dawning lighter layers- in the evening or indoors (where the a/c is your bff)

2. Mix + Match- like Alexa and Sienna, they are not as concerned with being matchy matchy as they are with being exploratory. Mixing it up a bit gives that look of edge.

3. the POSH factor- when looking at the likes of Kate & Beckham, one instantly thinks class. They look phenomenally put together. You can achieve this look by sticking with classic styles: pencil skirts, shift dresses, etc. Add in pops of color & statement accessories.

4. DARE- a lot of European styles take a chance and don't look back. They stand out among the rest. Be daring! Ideas: wear a leather jacket over a dress or wear boots with denim shorts. 


A: the Brits definitely have there game on when it comes to fashion & styling. 

Move on over, Olympics. London fashion has got it going on ;).



With the 2012 Olympics being held in London, I am indeed sharing all things British this week.
Be sure to visit again!

Ta, ta. Cheerio.

ps. find my Brit look here



Pin It




7 comments:

  1. You know, considering my style icons are British, I guess I prefer it to American? Cool- who knew!
    Great post friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Brits are darn good dressers. Love me some Emma and Duchess Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, loved this post. i've definitely been channeling my inner brit thinking about the impending olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely love the Brit style! So chic and edgy!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! They all look amazing don't they?!

    E :-)

    http://ladyeleanorsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Victoria Beckham. She never looks horrible.
    Always so "posh" and pretty and elegant, yet sexy!
    Loved this post!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some sugarrrr, shugaaa.

Follow me on Instagram too! @lifeinmod

Pin It button on image hover